Green Economy Financing Facility Morocco – (GEFF Morocco II)
GEFF Morocco II is a €150 million financing facility dedicated to Green Economy Transition (GET) investments in line with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s (EBRD) GET methodology and approach to intermediated financing of sustainable energy, resource efficiency and climate resilience technologies and in line with donor requirements and specific eligibility criteria. The project builds on EBRD’s successful experiences with the implementation of Morocco Sustainable Energy Financing Facility (MorSEFF) and the new Green Value Chain Facility.
GEFF Morocco II provide financing in the form of senior unsecured loans to Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs), including banks, microfinance and leasing companies. These loans shall be dedicated to finance private sector sub-borrowers (SMEs, corporates and households) in Morocco for investments in green technologies and services supporting Green Economy Transition.
ACS is a partner to DAI on the facility and provides technical assistance to the banks and sub-borrowers to finance their projects and estimate the potential impact of projects in terms of energy efficiency, water savings, and waste recovery.
Client: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Promoted the GEFF II product through targeted marketing and communication campaigns;
- Supported EBRD and its partners in policy dialogue and liaise with relevant public sector entities;
- Provided technical assistance to potential borrowers through a team of engineers who advise borrowers and estimate projects’ energy efficiency potential ;
- Prepared Project Assessment Reports (PARs) that illustrate the energy saving potential of final borrowers’ investment projects and advising PFIs on the eligibility of projects for GEFF II financing;
- Trained the staff of partner financial institutions in the financing of energy efficiency or renewable energy projects and improve their capacity to identify eligible project opportunities;
- Worked in cooperation with PFIs’ marketing teams to create appropriate marketing campaigns;
- Ensured successful Facility inception;
- Ensured that new PFIs are onboarded successfully;
- Supported the sub-project lifecycle;
- Ensured the correct tracking, monitoring, and reporting of Facility data;
- Implemented a Gender Action Plan.