Exemplary Administration Pact (EAP) environmental audit
The Exemplary Administration Pact (EAP) launched as part of the operationalization of Morocco’s National Strategy for Sustainable Development (NSSD) aims to encourage public institutions to lead by example and adopt eco-friendly approaches, notably through rational management of resources, the introduction of sustainable mobility, and the establishment of a sustainable public procurement policy.
The objective of the EAP pact is to boost energy efficiency and environmental concern within the Moroccan government. It includes energy audits of central administrative buildings. The pact also plans to educate public actors on energy efficiency and to promote electric vehicle use and waste recycling. It was adopted as part of the 2019 Action Plan of the NSSD by the Strategic Committee for Sustainable Development.
ACS was awarded the first project to support the Ministry of Interior by conducting an environmental audit and preparing recommendations for improvement measures to meet the objectives of the EAP.
Client: Ministry of Interior, Morocco
Duration: 2021 – Ongoing
- Data collection and environmental audit for buildings of the Ministry of the Interior;
- Audit of energy equipment, networks and installations, water consumption, waste collection and management equipment, vehicle fleet, and paper use;
- Proposal of measures for improvement based on the results of surveys of areas of concern, in particular: water resource management and water efficiency, electric power, waste, mobility, and paper use.
- Integrate economic and environmental considerations in a practical, results-oriented manner within public buildings;
- Introduce waste reduction and sorting measures in public buildings and other facilities to promote recycling and reprocessing;
- Strengthen the sharing of knowledge and initiatives ;
- Develop an exemplary pact of public actors in the mobility sector;
- Strengthen the effectiveness of public administration for sustainable, accountable and results-oriented service delivery;
- Improve the credibility of public administration toward citizens and offer greater transparency.