Developing a financing program for solar projects in the industrial sector for submission to the GCF
4C Maroc aims to provide technical assistance and support Morocco’s efforts to meet international climate challenges through the implementation and monitoring of its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) and the strengthening of South-South cooperation through a program supported by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Within this framework ACS was tasked to develop a financing program for solar photovoltaic (PV) projects in the industrial sector and to expand the related concept note for submission to the Green Climate Fund.
This project supports the Moroccan government’s efforts to achieve its renewable energy targets (1,500 MWp by 2030 as a conditional action in its NDC) by enabling solar PV project developers to access necessary financing.
Client: 4C Maroc (Climate Change Competence Centre of Morocco), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Carried out a technical pre-feasibility study of the program;
- Assessed total program costs and identified the constraints and gaps in project funding;
- Evaluated the project’s GHG mitigation potential;
- Proposed an appropriate funding mechanism for the implementation of the program;
- Conducted environmental and social impact assessment including gender mainstreaming.